What do I Need For My First Yoga Class?
Submitted by Sarah Elechko
7 Aug 2013
More than any other phone call, new students are calling to see what they need to do to prepare for their first class. Here is my Mountain Base Yoga List:
- Your first month is $30 for 30 days of unlimited yoga. Come see what you like and come A LOT.
- You can just drop in. No need to sign up online or let anyone know you are coming. There is always plenty of room for everyone.
- Wear comfortable clothing. For women, this means sweatpants or "yoga" pants, spandex shorts, and a top that won't fall over your head when you are in downward facing dog and other fun poses. For men, sweatpants or shorts are fine and a comfortable t-shirt.
- If you have long hair, you will likely want to have it pulled back. We have extra elastics in the studio if you forget.
- We are barefoot in the studio. Shoes are left right outside the door. Some people like to bring their socks in and put them back on for the last 10-15 minutes of class when we are relaxing, doing breathing exercises, and meditation.
- We have mats that you can borrow - for FREE. Or you can bring your own.
- Same goes for water. Well, you don't have to borrow ours. We'll let you keep it.
- You do not have to have practiced yoga before to come to class. New students can listen to the instructor, watch the other students, and begin to listen to their own body. ALL are welcome.
- We are located at 3 Church Street. The old Porter's video, for you townies.
- Lastly, come with your mind open. Yoga can transform your life in many ways, if you allow it to, and you practice. We are looking forward to meeting you in the studio!